Every year I dread the end of summer, but then fall comes and I think, "No, this is my favorite time of year!" Fall is apples, and pumpkins, and pea soup, and cider mills, and wineries, and music, and being cozy.
This smoothie bowl doesn't contain any actual pumpkin, but will convince you otherwise!Instead, I've used carrots, which are always available. It will get your day started in a delicious way and give you plenty of energy to enjoy whatever these glorious fall days bring your way!
- 1 cup carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or other nuts
- 1 cup chopped apples
- In a high powered blender, puree the carrots, banana, and almond milk until very smooth.
- Add in the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg and pulse a few times to blend well.
- Pour into a bowl and add the chopped dates, pecans, and apples. A sprinkle of coconut flakes goes well, too!
nutritional information: calories: 345 fat: 7 gr carb: 51 pro: 6