Green Pea Soup
serves 2 ~ $1.70 per serving
Peas are usually associates with the spring garden, but a second fall planting can produce lots of pods ... which is exactly what happened around here. Not all peas are created equal. There are "snap peas," which have edible pods, and "shell peas," which have inedible pods and the larger peas inside are the parts used. This recipe calls for shelled peas, which can be fresh or frozen. Frozen peas will work really well, though they may not be raw.
- 2 cups peas ($1.75)
- 1 avocado ($1.49)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk ($.70)
- 1 small onion ($.15)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Set aside a half cup of the peas.
- In a blender, puree the rest of the peas, avocado, almond milk, and salt and pepper until very smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in bowls and top with the reserved peas and minced onion.
calories: 298 fat: 19 gr carbs: 34 gr protein: 12 gr