Simple Raw Vegan Chocolate Frosted Brownie ... for Two
serves 2 ~ $1.65 per serving
Did you know?
Chocolate has more antioxidants than blueberries, green tea, and red wine, and nearly eight times the antioxidants found in strawberries.
Dark chocolate has been shown to lower high blood pressure and LDL cholesterol.
Cacao contains antibacterial agents that fight tooth decay.
Consuming chocolate triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s endogenous opiates and the feel good chemicals responsible for the “runner’s high.”
By weight, cocoa powder has more protein than eggs.
This is a great way to get some antioxidants and share a yummy dessert with a friend!
- 1/2 cup cashews ($1.00)
- 1/2 cup raisins ($.75)
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder ($.80)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla ($.05)
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil ($.10)
- 1 tablespoon agave ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder ($.40)
- In a food processor fitted with an "S" blade, process the cashews until finely ground and powdery (but not oily).
- Add the raisins, cacao powder, vanilla, and salt, and process again until the mixture starts sticking together.
- Press the brownie mixture firmly into the mold of your choice. I used a rectangular miniature tart pan with a removable bottom. Release onto a plate.
- For the frosting, stir together the coconut oil, agave, and cacao powder until smooth.
- Spread on brownie and top with coconut flakes.
- Find a special friend to share it with!
calories: 429 fat: 25 gr carb: 55 gr protein: 10 gr
"There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate."
~ Linda Grayson, "The Pickwick Papers"