makes about 28 tablespoons, $.21 per tablespoon
This Lime Chipotle Mayo is delish on any sandwich, and can be also be used in veggie wraps, or anywhere a dash of flavor and creamy goodness is needed. I've used macadamia nuts here, because they were on sale, but almonds or cashews, or a blend, would work, too.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts ($5.00)
- 3/4 cup water
- zest and juice from one lime ($.50)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning ($.10)
- 1 tablespoon agave ($.20)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small blender (I've found the small bullet type work the best on small quantities like this), puree all ingredients until very smooth. It will thicken up quite a bit once it chills. If it's too thick, just thin down with a bit of water. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to five days.