serves 2 ~ $1.10 per serving
- 4 bananas, sliced and frozen ($.60)
- juice and zest of one lemon ($.69)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds ($.30)
- 1 cup strawberries ($.45)
- 1 tablespoon agave ($.10)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts ($.15)
- pinch salt
Banana ice cream is wonderful. And it's amazingly simple to make with just a food processor.
The strawberry sauce should be made first and set aside. In a bullet type blender, puree the strawberries and agave until very smooth.
In a food processor fitted with an "S" blade, process the frozen bananas and lemon juice and zest until creamy like soft serve ice cream. It can take a bit of prodding and scraping to get the bananas going in the food processor, but it's worth it. Once creamy, add the poppy seeds and give a whir or two to incorporate.
Serve with the strawberry sauce and walnuts.
nutritional information: calories: 345 fat: 6 gr carbs: 77 gr protein: 5 gr