Makes about 24 truffles ~ $.32 per truffle
- 1 cup cherries, dehydrated ($.75)
- 2 cups almonds ($5.00)
- 1 cups dates, pitted and chopped ($2.00) pinch salt
These are pretty, understated and elegant. It's another recipe from my Spring Raw e Book, but it's perfect for this time of year and makes a great treat for any holiday. To make them, dehydrate a cup of cherries. Just place on a lined dehydrator tray and dry for a few hours, until the cherries are shrunken but still pliable and not hard or brittle.
- In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the almonds until finely ground. This takes a minute or so.
- Add in the dates and dehydrated cherries
- Process again until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out even sized balls, and roll between hands to shape.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Makes about 24 truffles.
nutritional information: calories: 113 fat: 5 gr carb: 12 gr protein: 3 gr