serves 2 ~ $2.98 per serving
- 1 head leaf lettuce ($.77)
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced ($2.19)
- 1 zucchini, sliced ($.66)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced ($1.59)
- 1 medium onion, chopped ($.15)
- 2 tablespoons agave ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ($.20)
- 2 cloves garlic
- whole flaxseeds
This is a very hearty and filling salad. When I made this, I found the non-organic lettuce on sale for a terrific price. You may find prices higher in your area.
Mix the marinade, which is the olive oil, agave, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Slice and chop the mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, and onion. For this recipe, I cut the zucchini into matchstick sized pieces. Toss with the marinade in a shakeable container (I just use a large ziplock box) and let sit for up to a couple hours. Place on teflex sheets and dehydrate for about an hour, just until warm and slightly softened.
Chop the lettuce and top with the warm veggies. Mix up just a bit more additional marinade to use as a dressing, if desired. Salt and pepper to taste, and top with a sprinkle of whole flaxseeds.
nutritional information: calories: 322 fat: 14 gr carbs: 45 gr protein: 12 gr