serves 2 ~ $2.02 per serving
- 1 apple ($.60)
- 1 head romaine ($1.89)
- 1 medium onion ($.10)
- 14 walnuts halves ($.30)
- 1/4 cup raisins or dates ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons agave ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice ($.35)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar ($.20)
- pinch of cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
The cinnamon adds just a bit of warmth and spice to this crunchy salad.
Chop the romaine and core and slice the apple. Toss with sliced onions, walnuts halves, and raisins. In a small cup, whisk together the olive oil, agave, lemon juice, vinegar and cinnamon for the dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.