I love salad to start the day off and this was breakfast for us. The dressing is fresh, light, and just a little creamy ... perfect to use on any kind of salad. We had mixed greens, carrots, and onion. This goes especially well with arugula .
Basil Mango Salad Dressing
makes 2-4 servings
$3.30 for entire batch
- 1 cup mango, fresh or frozen and thawed ($1.50)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves ($.50)
- 3 tablespoons tahini ($.30)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice ($.60)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ($.30)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion (or 2 teaspoons onion powder) ($.10)
- 1 clove garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 3-5 drops stevia or to taste (or use softened dates to sweeten to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Blend all ingredients together in blender until very smooth and creamy.
nutritional information : calories: 377 fat: 22 gr carbs: 44 gr protein: 9 gr
yield: about 1 1/2 cups
Kids love breakfast salad!!