This is a guest post for Amy Lyons at her spectacular blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. Amy also has a fantastic book out now, called Fragrant Vanilla Cake Sweet and Savory. Check it out ... I'll have a proper review soon!
Kale is often called, “The World’s Healthiest Food,” and with good reason. It contains a remarkable amount of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin K, which is crucial for bone and heart health.
Vitamin K - 1180%
Vitamin A - 98%
Vitamin C - 71%
Mangenese - 27%
Copper - 22%
Vitamin B6 - 10%
Fiber - 10%
Protein - 5%
This smoothie is a nutritional powerhouse, but is also incredibly tasty and perfect for breakfast or an anytime snack.
- 3 cups kale leaves, loosely packed
- 2 cups water, more or less for blending
- 1 cup mango chunks, frozen
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 banana, sliced into 1 inch pieces and frozen
- ½ cup chopped carrots (can be frozen for an extra frosty smoothie)
- 4 tablespoons hemp protein powder (optional)
- Place the kale leaves and water in a blender first and process until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.
Yield: makes about 3 servings
Nutritional information: calories: 253 fat: 0 gr carbs: 44 gr protein: 14 gr
* Popsicle option ... Like any smoothie mix, this can easily be made into popsicles ... just pour into molds and freeze!
Kale is also an amazing plant in the garden, is easy to grow, and beautiful, too. Start some now for a delicious Fall harvest!
What's YOUR favorite smoothie? And why?