Orange Banana Breakfast Salad
serves 2 ~ $2.25 per serving
This salad is so simple and is delicious and super healthy for breakfast. It's the very beginning of citrus season so oranges are exceptionally tasty right now as well.
- 1 head romaine, chopped ($1.70)
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned ($.50)
- 1 banana, sliced ($.30)
- 2 tablespoons sliced onion
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned ($1.00)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or two droppers stevia) ($.40)
- 3 tablespoons tahini ($.40)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes for the top
- Prepare the salad ingredients.
- Place all the dressing ingredients except the crushed red pepper flakes into a blender and puree until very smooth.
- Assemble the salad ingredients on plates or in bowls. Add the orange sections, banana slices, and onion to the top.
- Pour salad dressing over and add a sprinkle of black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes. I added both.
nutritional information: calories: 256 fat: 15 gr carbs: 33 gr protein: 6 gr