Super easy, this raw food mouthgasm takes just minutes from start to delicious eating. Avocados are in season right now, too, and at great prices. I've seen them locally for as low as $.88 each. These were $1.25 at a small area grocery store.
Full of the "good fat" ...
... they're also filling and incredibly satisfying. Have this for an easy breakfast that will keep you fueled until mid-day, as a light lunch, or as an anytime snack.
Here's the recipe. You are literally minutes away from avocado heaven.
serves 1 ~ $1.50 per serving
- 1 avocado, chopped ($1.25)
- 1tablespoon finely chopped celery ($.05)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion ($.05)
- 2 teaspoons mustard ($.05)
- 2 teaspoons mayo (use something like Veganaise or make your own) ($.10)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Lettuce and optional tomato for serving
- Coarsely chop the avocado, add the remaining ingredients, then stir gently until evenly incorporated.
- Store leftovers for up to a day or two in an air tight container.