Best Salad Dressing Ever (Really!)
serves 6 ~ $.44 per serving
I made this for an unexpected get together and … wow. It may be the best salad dressing ever … really! Certainly, it’s the best I’ve had in recent memory.
Capers are the pickled berries of the caper bush. They’re usually pickled in a salty brine and have a distinctive mustard flavor. They’re a good source of rutin, which strengthens capillaries, and quercetin. Both are powerful antioxidants. I used a tablespoon of the caper brine in place of salt … it adds a bit more of the yummy caper flavor. For the photo, I used the dressing on an arugula salad with olives, but it would be suitable with just about any salad.
- 1/3 cup olive oil ($.55)
- juice and zest of one lemon ($.60)
- 3 tablespoons agave ($.60)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or bragg’s liquid aminos ($.10)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard ($.05)
- 2 tablespoons capers ($.50)
- 1 tablespoon caper brine
- 2 tablespoons black olives ($.20)
- 3 cloves garlic ($.05)
- in a small bullet type blender, puree all ingredients until smooth … about a minute
calories: 162 fat: 14 gr carb: 8 protein: 0