Blueberry Smoothie Jar from Plant-Based Meal Prep
Blueberry Smoothie Jar is a delicious recipe from Plant-Based Meal Prep by Jackie Sobon from the website Vegan Yack Attack. This gorgeous book is full of recipes (100+), info, and tips to successfully prep for vegan and plant absed meals.
Look how pretty the cover is!
Plant-Based Meal Prep has weekly meals plans (14 of them!) and even shopping lists to help stay organized and help with that never-ending question of “what to eat tonight.” It’s not an exclusively raw food book but it is vegan and this recipe for a tasty blueberry smoothie is a deliciously raw one. The hemp hearts give it a nice boost in protein, too.
The book is a beautifully done hardcover which I always appreciate. Jackie is a photographer and her photos are lovely throughout as well. There’s a photo for nearly every recipe, which is always nice to see how the dish is supposed to turn out! It’s organized into a menus chapter, breakfasts, lunches, entrees, kid-friendly meals, higher protien meals, snacks, and more.
I liked the smoothie, which is simple enough but really tasty. I also had every single ingredient on hand. How often does that happen?! The pineapple and blueberries go together so well.
The way this blueberry smoothie jar fits into the meal plan is you chop, clean, and freeze five smoothies worth of ingredients and then have all that on hand when you’re ready to make it.
Jackie reccomends using wide-mouth glass jars to store the frozen blueberries and pineapple in and I think this is brilliant. This saves on plastic by not using a zip-lock baggie or other plastic storage container and I’m all for that.
Here’s the recipe. I think you’ll like it! And just go HERE to get a copy of Jackie’s fantastic new book!
Blueberry Smoothie from Plant-Based Meal Prep by Jackie Sobon
- 2 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach broken into pieces
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 5 small bananas
- 3 3/4 cups water
- Set out five 24-ounce wide mouth jars. Divide the spinach, blueberries, pineapple, hemp hearts, turmeric, and ginger evenly among the jars. Screw the lids on the jars and store in the freezer.
- When you're ready to make a smoothie, add one peeled banana, broken into chunks, to the blender. Run warm water over the outside of one covered jar to help release the frozen ingredient, Pour the jar contents into the blender, followed by 3/4 cup water. Blend until completely smooth, then transfer back to the jar and enjoy.
Like this recipe? PIN IT to share or save for later!