Buckwheat Coco Puffs ~ Raw Food Breakfast Recipe
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, soaked ($.75)
- 2 ripe bananas ($.30)
- 3 tbsp coco or cacao powder ($.15)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla ($.10)
- 1/2 tsp salt1/2 cup almond milk ($.40)
Rinse one cup buckwheat groats and then soak in about two cups water for
5-6 hours or overnight. Rinse the buckwheat groats well. There will be
a gooey or gelatinous coating on the groats and and they will need to
be rinsed several times.
- Once rinsed, drain well and pat with a towel
to remove most of the water.In a food processor with the S blade, add the banana, cocoa or cacao
powder, vanilla and salt.
- Process for a minute or two until very creamy.
- Fold into the buckwheat groats.
- Then spread the mixture in clusters
about 1/4 inch thick on the teflex or plastic sheets in a dehydrator.
Dehydrate for about 4 hours, then turn over and dehydrate for another
2-3 hours, until the clusters are dry but pliable.
- They don’t seem to
get brittle dry, but stay a little bit pliable.
- Break up into smaller
clumps. These can then be stored in an airtight container at room
temperature for 3-4 days. Serve with 1/2 cup almond milk.
nutritional information: calories: 333 fat: 10 gr carbs: 50 gr protein: 7 gr