Chocolate Orange Truffles ~ Raw Vegan Recipe
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Cocoa powder for rolling
- In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the
almonds until finely ground. This takes about a minute.
- Add in the pitted and
chopped dates, cocoa powder, vanilla and orange extract.
- Process again until
the mixture begins to clump together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out even sized
balls, and roll between hands to shape.
- For the final finish, roll each truffle
lightly in cocoa powder.
carb: 12 gr protein: 3 gr
This super simple recipe was in the winter edition of
Pasticcio Quartz, a small, independent art zine published quarterly by Angela Cartwright and Sarah Fishburn. Lots of you will recognize Angela from Lost in Space, The Sound of Music, etc. What you may not know is she’s now an artist and she and Sarah create the most wonderful art books together. One of my favorites is, In This House: A Collection of Altered Art Imagery and Collage Techniques
Copies of Pasticcio Quartz !3 are still available, just click
the image below.