Fruit Stew: Raw Food Recipe
serves 2 ~ $2.48 per serving
This is surprisingly filling. You can make this entirely fat free by simply omitting the olive oil, which is something I do on occasion.
- 1 mango, cubed ($1.49)
- 1 papaya, cubed ($.99)
- 1 cucumber, chopped ($.69)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped ($.05)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped ($.89)
- 1 jalapeno, minced ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice ($.45)
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
a food processor fitted with an “S blade, puree about a third of each
of the mango, papaya, and cucumber and the olive oil and salt until very
smooth. This is the stew base.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining
chopped mango, papaya, and cucumber, along with the onion, red bell
pepper, and jalapeno.
- Stir to mix.
- Add the lime juice and stir again.
- Serve with a bit of black pepper and a few crushed red pepper flakes.
of the heat of a jalapeno is found in the seeds. I like this kind of
spicy so I include most of the seeds from the jalapeno. If you prefer a
bit more mild taste, just leave out most or all of the seeds.
nutritional information calories: 289 fat: 14 gr carbs: 43 gr protein: 3 gr
And want to know a few fun facts about fruit, too?
Hope you’re all having a great spring! Say hello 🙂
Look delicious and colorful. But i am sorry I do not know why should we add pepper for this mix of fruit. Does it cause spicy ?
thanks for your sharing.. great !!
thanks for sharing ya
wow…. nice, i like it.
nice article 😀
thanks for sharing 😀
interesting articles and this is my first first reading a very
interesting article thanks for this article that fits with the theme news