Green Pea Soup ~ Raw Vegan Recipe
Green Pea Soup is a tasty raw food recipe that uses minimal ingredients and takes just a few minutes to prepare.
Raw Green Pea Soup is Healthy and Delicious!
It’s healthy and uses seasonal ingredients. Frozen shelled green peas can be substituted for fresh.
Raw Food Green Pea Soup is Delicious and Budget Friendly!
This batch of tasty, healthy raw green pea soup serves two at around $1.70 per serving. Peas are usually associated with the spring garden, but a second fall planting can produce lots of pods … which is exactly what happened around here. Not all peas are created equal. There are “snap peas,” which have edible pods, and “shell peas,” which have inedible pods and the larger peas inside are the parts used. This recipe calls for shelled peas, which can be fresh or frozen. Frozen peas will work really well, though they may not be raw.
Raw Food Green Pea Soup
- 2 cups fresh peas $1.75
- 1 avocado $1.49
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk $.70
- 1 small onion $.15
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Set aside a half cup of the peas.
- In a blender, puree the rest of the peas, avocado, almond milk, and salt and pepper until very smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in bowls and top with the reserved peas and minced onion.