Lime Chipotle Mayo ~ Raw and Vegan Recipe
makes about 28 tablespoons, $.21 per tablespoon
This Lime Chipotle Mayo is delish on any sandwich, and can be also be used in veggie wraps, or anywhere a dash of flavor and creamy goodness is needed. I’ve used macadamia nuts here, because they were on sale, but almonds or cashews, or a blend, would work, too.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts ($5.00)
- 3/4 cup water
- zest and juice from one lime ($.50)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning ($.10)
- 1 tablespoon agave ($.20)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small blender (I’ve found the small bullet type work the best on small quantities like this), puree all ingredients until very smooth. It will thicken up quite a bit once it chills. If it’s too thick, just thin down with a bit of water. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to five days.
This sounds so delicious!!! I have to try it!
Looks and sounds yummy : )
looks great! would you soak your nuts first?
I guess you would rather roak your nuts first! They get softer..
Okay so that leaves you with $4.30 to feed you for the rest of your meals.
Finding this recipe is PERFECT timing… I'd been using goat cheese on my sandwiches, but was looking for a raw or non-dairy alternative. THANKS!!!
Mine turned out kind of as a liquid…
Any kind of nut blend is going to thicken up once chilled. See if it doesn't seem more like mayo after sitting in the fridge overnight. Also, I'm going to adjust the water down to 3/4 cup. That makes it thick for me, but is probably more mayo-ish. Anyway, let me know if it thickens up in the fridge.
I just tried this and it is so delicious. I had it in a veggie wrap with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, a little bit of green onion, and carrots wrapped in collard greens. So yummy!! I'm gonna put it on salads, too 🙂