Lime in the Coconut Tarts: Raw Food Dessert Recipe
A note about the dehydrated bananas … these need to be just dehydrated enough to take some of the moisture out but not hard. I dehydrated mine gently for about 6 hours and that seemed to work out well.
Lime in the Coconut Tarts
- Food Processor
- 6 dates $3.00
- 1/2 cup walnuts $.50
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut $1.00
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave
- pinch salt
- 2 avocados $1.49
- 3 bananas dehydrated ($.45)
- 4 limes juice and zest ($2.00)
- 4 tablespoons agave $.40
- Make the crusts first. In a food processor with the "S" blade, process the dates until mush.
- Add the coconut, coconut oil, agave, and salt and process until it begins to clump.
- Last, add the walnuts and process until the walnuts are fully incorporated and the mixture sticks together.
- Divide the crust mixture evenly into and press into the bottom and sides of eight paper-lined cupcake cups. Put in the freezer for about a half hour, until firm.
- For the filling, in the food processor with the "S" blade, process the avocados, bananas, lime juice and zest, and agave. It takes a minute or two, but this will become velvety smooth and the consistency of thick pudding.
- Spoon the filling into the tart crusts and chill well before serving.
Like this? Pin It to share or SAVE for later!
Looking for more raw food? Try these!
This Raw Food Tropical Blue Smoothie Bowl is beautiful. It’s also super easy and quick to make and packed with awesome raw nutrition.
Chili Lime Kale Chips are raw, vegan, oil-free, just a little sweet, and totally delicious.