Pineapple Green Smoothie ~ Raw Food Vegan Smoothie Recipe
This raw and healthy pineapple party in your mouth is super simple and perfect for spring. Hawaiian pineapple season is April and May, even though they’re available year round. Price and quality will be the best over the next few months so take advantage of this sweet abundance and enjoy this vegan treat for breakfast or an anytime snack.
Oh, and to make this extra thick and frosty, cube and freeze pineapple and any subsequent pineapple juice in ice cube trays. Store frozen cubes in plastic bags for ultra easy prep.
- 3 cups chopped romaine (or favorite green) ($1.00)
- 1 cup cubed pineapple, frozen ($2.00)
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional) ($.20)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ($.10)
- 1 cup water
- 10 ice cubes
- stevia to taste (optional)
- In a high powered blender, puree the greens until liquefied and very smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth.
nutritional information: calories: 156 fat: 0 gr carbs: 42 gr protein: 3 gr
Speaking of pineapple …
… this really cool
little building was one of my favorite local landmarks. While on a bike
ride the other day (hello warm weather!) I noticed the other day that
it’s gone! I’ll miss it!! Maybe they got tired of me taking so many
photos of it … hmm.
I love pineapple. It tastes sweet