Raw Food Recipe Menu: July 6, 2014
- 4 bananas, sliced and frozen ($.60)
- juice and zest of one lemon ($.69)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds ($.30)
- 1 cup strawberries ($.45)
- 1 tablespoon agave ($.10)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts ($.15)
- pinch salt
strawberry sauce should be made first and set aside. In a bullet type
blender, puree the strawberries and agave until very smooth.
a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the frozen bananas
and lemon juice and zest until creamy like soft serve ice cream. It can
take a bit of prodding and scraping to get the bananas going in the
food processor, but it’s worth it. Once creamy, add the poppy seeds and
give a whir or two to incorporate.
- 1 avocado, chopped ($.78)
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped ($.40)
- 2 ribs celery, chopped ($.30)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped ($.10)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed ($.05)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil ($.40)
- 1 1/2 cups water for blending
- 1/2 medium tomato, finely chopped($1.25)
- 1 green onion, sliced ($.10)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
satisfying, and super simple to make. Coarsely chop all the ingredients
to make blending easier. In a blender, add everything but the tomato and
scallion and teaspoon olive oil. Puree for a few to several minutes
until very smooth. In some blenders, the soup will start to warm up a
bit as it processes.
Garnish with chopped tomatoes and scallions, and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- 1 mango, diced ($.98)
- 1 avocado, diced ($.88)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 1 tablespoon agave or other sweetener ($.10)
- juice of one lime ($.69)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce ($1.69)
together, like the mango and cayenne that tops this salad. For this
salad, I chopped the avocado, mango, and onion, and added the olive oil,
agave, lime juice, salt, pepper, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. I
mixed this well and let stand and somewhat marinate for a few minutes.
Then I spooned it over a bed of leaf lettuce and dandelion greens. I
planted the microgreens in a flat with an inch or so of potting soil and
snipped them off about 8 days later and added a mound on top.
nutritional information: calories: 362 fat: 22 gr carbs: 45 gr protein: 6 gr
- 1 mango, cubed ($1.49)
- 1 ripe avocado ($1.49)
- 2 ripe bananas ($.30)
- 1 tablespoon agave, if needed ($.10)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashews ($.10)
sweet, sour, crunchy, smooth … this is an absolutely perfect
breakfast. And it takes all of a few minutes to put together.
a food processor with an “S” blade, process the avocado, one banana,
half the mango, and agave until very smooth and creamy. Top with sliced
banana, the remaining cubed mango, and chopped cashews. Drizzle with
just a tiny bit of agave, if desired.
total protein: 21 gr