Raw Food Recipe Menu: March 16, 2014 … Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Green Smoothie (or Popsicles)
makes one batch ~ $2.40 per batch
smoothie, and also a recipe for spinach popsicles! You can make one,
either, or both!
- 2 bunches of spinach ($1.80)
- 3 bananas, sliced and frozen ($.60)
- 1 to 2 cups water
- a little stevia, which is optional
Blend the water and spinach in a blender until smooth. The add the
frozen bananas and a little stevia and blend again on high speed until
For a smoothie, just drink it like it is.
For popsicles, pour the mixture into popsicle trays and freeze for several hours or overnight.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled if you’re really hungry!
Here’s our recipe video!
Not all peas are created equal. There are “snap peas,”
which have edible pods, and “shell peas,” which have inedible pods and
the larger peas inside are the parts used. This recipe calls for shelled
peas, which can be fresh or frozen. Frozen peas will work really well,
though they may not be raw.
- 2 cups peas ($1.75)
- 1 avocado ($1.49)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk ($.70)
- 1 small onion ($.15)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
aside a half cup of the peas.
- In a blender, puree the rest of the peas, avocado, almond milk, and salt and pepper until very smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in bowls and top with the reserved peas and minced onion.
- 2 cucumbers ($1.00)
- 1 medium onion ($.05)
- 1/2 avocado ($.75)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 oz arugula ($3.50)
- red pepper flakes
puree about half of one of the cucumbers, a couple onions slices, the
half avocado, olive oil, tarragon, salt and pepper until very creamy and
smooth. This will take a couple minutes.
Pistachio Ice Cream
- 1 ripe avocado ($.88)
- 4 ripe bananas ($.60)
- 2 tablespoons agave ($.20)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ($.20)
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios ($.50)
blade, puree the avocado, bananas, agave, vanilla, and salt until very
smooth. This will take a few minutes. Process in an ice cream maker
until the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Fold in the pistachios
and freeze until firm.
maker, just freeze the puree and stir every half hour or so until it’s
firm, adding the pistachios just before firm.
Hippy Mom, this blog is beautiful…
haha, thank you!
this food looks so good! I am not a strictly raw eater but this is inspiring. Best "raw food" thing I've had is kale pineapple salad with lemon coconut oil dressing and red pepper flakes and maybe sesame seeds were in there too-very good. The lemon "cooks" the kale, it is sweet, spicy and great textures/tooth.