Raw Food Recipe Menu: March 2, 2014
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and chopped ($5.00)
- 8 dates (soaked if necessary) ($.80)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice ($.20)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process all ingredients
until mostly smooth and saucy. Let it go a little longer if you like
smoother applesauce, and less if you’re in the mood for chunky. That’s
it. Any leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.
nutritional information: calories: 298 fat: 0 gr carbs: 85 gr protein: 1 gr
- 1 avocado ($1.49)
- 1 cup nut milk ($.40)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 onion ($.25)
- 1 clove garlic ($.10)
- 1/2 red bell pepper ($.40)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas) ($.30)
- 1 tsp olive oil ($.10)
- salt and pepper to taste
Avocado soups are among my favorite raw soups, and the options are pretty much endless.
For this soup, which makes two large servings, place a peeled avocado, nut milk, water,
half the onion, and the clove of garlic in a blender. Puree until very
Add the chopped onion and pepper, and sprinkle with pepitas. Salt and pepper to taste, and add an optional drizzle of olive oil.
- 1/2 head romaine ($.95)
- dandelion and other greens
- 3/4 lb strawberries ($1.12)
- 6 radishes ($.30)
- 1 medium onion ($.05)
- 1 avocado ($.88)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons agave ($.20)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
the romaine and greens. Toss with the onion, radish, strawberries, and
avocado. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, agave, garlic, salt and pepper
until blended. If you’d like the dressing emulsified, add the oil
slowly as you whisk. Spoon over salads.
- 2 cups almonds ($5.00)
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped ($3.00)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder ($1.00)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ($.05)
- 1 teaspoon orange extract ($.05)
- Cocoa powder for rolling
- In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the
almonds until finely ground. This takes about a minute.
- Add in the pitted and
chopped dates, cocoa powder, vanilla and orange extract.
- Process again until
the mixture begins to clump together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out even sized
balls, and roll between hands to shape.
- For the final finish, roll each truffle
lightly in cocoa powder.
carb: 36 gr protein: 9 gr
total protein: 22 gr