Raw Food Recipes Menu: May 19, 2013
- 1 ripe avocado ($.88)
- 4 ripe bananas ($.60)
- 2 tablespoons agave ($.20)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ($.20)
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios ($.50)
blade, puree the avocado, bananas, agave, vanilla, and salt until very
smooth. This will take a few minutes. Process in an ice cream maker
until the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Fold in the pistachios
and freeze until firm.
maker, just freeze the puree and stir every half hour or so until it’s
firm, adding the pistachios just before firm.
- 1 apple ($.70)
- 2 pears ($1.60)
- 3 plums ($2.00)
- 4 strawberries ($.60)
- 5 oranges (we used five orange segments each, so about one orange) ($.60)
- cut the fruit
- put into bowls
- eat until you’re not hungry anymore
Here’s the recipe video!
nutritional information: calories: 315 fat: 2 gr carbs: 81 gr protein: 5 gr
- 4 firm heirloom tomatoes or slightly green tomatoes, cut into wedges ($3.00)
- 2 sweet red or yellow peppers, seeded, cored, and sliced into thin strips ($2.10)
- 1small or 1/2 medium sweet onion or red onion, sliced into strips ($.10)
- 1/2 cucumber, coarsely diced ($.25)
- 1 cup raw olives, pitted ($1.59)
- good quality extra-virgin olive oil ($.30)
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice ($.30)
- himalayan or celtic sea salt, to taste
- freshly milled pepper to taste
This is one of the best raw food books I’ve read. Mimi’s recipes are
elegant and gourmet, but they’re also very simple and easy to make.
Salad … place the vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle generously with
extra-virgin olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper. Let salad rest for
15-20 minutes to meld flavors together.
protein: 5 gr
I recently saw an old advertisement for a maple bacon ice cream from a
fast food place. That seems like the perfect example of what not to eat,
for all kinds of different reasons. But, being a big fan of the sweet
and savory combo, I thought I’d try to see if I could make it vegan …
and raw. It’s basically just a maple zucchini bacon over vanilla banana
ice cream. Super easy.
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/4″ thick ($.70)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup ($.40)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar ($.10)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Slice the zucchini into strips about 1/4″ thick. In a small bowl, whisk
together the remaining ingredients. Toss with the zucchini until well
coated, then dehydrate for several hours or overnight, until just a
little bit crunchy but pliable.
cream with maple syrup. To make the ice cream, slice and freeze four
bananas. When ready to use, grind them in a food processor with one
teaspoon vanilla and a splash of almond milk. Process until smooth,
which may take a few minutes and some scraping down on the sides. This
will cost about $.30 per serving.
nutritional information: calories: 298 fat: 14 carbs: 45 protein: 2 gr
total protein: 20 gr
Breakfast pistachio ice cream?! Sign me up!! 🙂
IKR? I <3 ice cream for breakfast!
Your kids are gorgeous! Lovely video (and fruit salad!). Do they eat raw too?
The whole day's meals look fabulous.
Hi coconutandberries, those are my grandkids. They're not totally raw or anything, but they do love the food and prefer it over just about anything else.