Red Pepper Pasta: Raw Food Recipe
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced ($.70)
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced ($.70)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced ($1.50)
- 1 cup black or kalamata olives ($1.50)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion ($.20)
- 1/4 cup olive oil ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice ($.40)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave (optional, for those who like a touch of sweet) ($.20)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1-2 medium sized zucchini, spiralized
This is so easy and so good. Prepare it up to a day in advance and them the vegetables marinate and soften.
Prepare the red and yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, olives, and onion and place in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, syrup, onion powder, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour over the prepared vegetables. Allow to marinate for at least a half hour, but it can marinate as long as a day.
When ready to eat, simply pour the marinated veggies and marinade over a portion of spiralized zucchini noodles and toss.
fat: 23 gr
carbs: 35 gr
protein: 11 gr
I use my spirilizer as much as any kitchen tool I have (except my VitaMix, of course!!). The Paderno brand one I have can be found on Amazon HERE, or in most stores that sell kitchen supplies.