Squash and Cauliflower Soup: Raw Vegan Recipe
Squash and Cauliflower Soup
serves 2 ~ $1.75 per serving
This is a light but also filling lunch or snack and cauliflower is in season right now. It’s pretty low in calories and not very expensive. I’ve been known to eat the whole batch, is what I’m saying! I like to add some cayenne and crushed red pepper flakes, but, as is true of most things in life, heat is optional … add as much or little as you like.
- 1 1/2 cup peeled and chopped zucchini and/or summer squash ($1.20)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower ($1.00)
- 1 cup peeled and chopped apple ($1.00)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or any one of your favorite oils ($.20)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion ($.10)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender and process for a minute or two until very smooth and creamy.
- Add a drizzle of your favorite oil and some crushed red pepper flakes.
fat: 32 gr